By Olivia Howes published on
Nubian Skin's mission is to empower women, and Mother's Day is an opportunity to honour the mother figure who makes a difference in our lives.
The way we celebrate motherhood is not one size fits all. Families have their own traditions and ways of honouring motherhood. There are, however, some common themes and activities associated with Mother's Day. Most people celebrate Mother's Day by giving their mothers gifts, spending time together, and showing appreciation. Some families prepare special meals in honour of the occasion. Others might take their mothers on a special outing or go out for brunch. Family and loved ones typically spend the day together, no matter what the activity is.
Outfit styling ideas for a relaxed Mother's Day
Nevertheless, Mother's Day is often a day filled with mixed emotions for many people. Although it is a happy occasion, it can also be bittersweet if you have lost a mother, a child, have strained relationships in your family, or if you are dying to become a mother. Others might find the day to be stressful because of the pressure to show their mothers how much they are loved. On Mother's Day, we honour mothers and mother figures in all of their forms, no matter the emotional landscape looks like.
Outfit styling ideas for a celebratory Mother's Day
So, what are some ways to make Mother's Day special? Here are a few ideas:
- Write your mother a heartfelt card expressing your love and appreciation.
- Spend quality time together. This might mean going for a walk, having a picnic, playing sports, or just sitting and chatting over a cup of tea.
- Make a special meal or take them out to eat at their favourite restaurant.
- Get them a small gift that you know they will love (or make one!). It doesn't have to be expensive, just something that shows you were thinking of them.
- If you live far away from your mother, send them a care package, or give them a call to let them know you are thinking of them.
Outfit styling ideas for an adventurous Mother's Day
Whatever your situation, you can always spend the day doing lovely things, whether it is in aid of Mother’s Day or not. May is a beautiful time to celebrate spring and be around people you love. Get some family or friends together and enjoy the springtime!
Happy Mother's Day!
Let us know in the comments, what your plans are for Mother's Day!