By Ade Hassan published on
If you're like most women who own a lot of bras in your wardrobe. Do you know how to choose the right one for your body and outfit? Or how to make sure it fits properly? This bra guide will teach you everything you need to know about bras, so you can feel confident and look your best.
A bra that fits well will look better, feel more comfortable, provide the support you need and should not hurt at all! When it comes to finding the perfect bra, the fit is everything. But how do you know if a bra fits properly? Here are a few signs:
- The cups should encompass the entire breast and not gape or dig in
- The straps should be adjusted so that they are tight enough to support the weight of the breasts, but not so tight that they dig into the skin
- The band should be tight enough so that it feels snug when you pull it away from your body, but not so tight that it cuts into your skin
- The back band should be parallel to the floor and lie flat against your back
- If the bra has an underwire, it should fit snugly against your ribcage, not on your breast tissue and not move around
- Check if your bra needs replacement, read our article 5 Signs You Need a New Bra.
- Make sure to get fitted regularly. A good bra fitting should be an annual ritual!
To measure your bra size, you will need to measure your bust and ribcage. Here is how to do it:
-Measure the band size by wrapping the tape measure around the ribcage just below the breasts- Round the measurement up to the nearest inch on an even number. So if you measure 32 inches, your band size would be 32, and if you measured 33, you would round up to the nearest even number, 34)
- Wearing a non-padded bra, measure the bust by wrapping a tape measure around the fullest part of your breasts- Round the measurement up to the nearest inch- Subtract the band size from the bust measurement to find your cup size – our cup sizes run as follows: A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, FF, G (e.g., if your bust measurement is 38", and your band size is 34", your cup size would be a D)
-Watch our video ‘Measuring your correct bra size’ with Nubian Skin Founder Ade Hassan
There are many different types of bras available, so find one that fits your needs and lifestyle.
Here are a few of the most popular types:
- T-shirt bras: These bras are designed to give you a smooth silhouette under clothing
- Wireless bras: These bras are comfortable and perfect for women who do not want the extra support of an underwire
- Sports bras: These bras are designed to provide extra support during physical activity
- Nursing bras: These bras are designed to make nursing easier and more comfortable
- Full-coverage bras: Fuller Bust Bra, These bras offer more coverage than other styles, making them ideal for women with larger breasts,
- Push-up bras: These bras create lift and cleavage and are perfect for special occasions
- Strapless bras: These bras offer support without the straps and are perfect for strapless dresses or tops
If you are looking for a new everyday bra, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are a few tips:
- Consider your wardrobe: If you wear a lot of fitted clothing, you will want a bra that has a smooth silhouette. If you wear loose-fitting clothes, you will want a bra with more coverage.
- Think about the support you need: If you have larger breasts, you will want a bra with more support. If you have smaller breasts, you may be able to get away with a less supportive bra.
As Women of colour, we know that finding the right bra can be a challenge. Not only do you have to worry about fit and style, but you also have to consider the colour and fabric off the bra. To find your perfect match Nubian Skin Nude, visit our page Skin Tone Guide.
Finding the perfect bra can be a daunting task, but it is worth taking the time to find one that fits your body and lifestyle! Remember to take your body type and outfit into account when choosing a bra, and always make sure it fits properly. And if you need some help finding the perfect style or size, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We love helping our customers find their perfect fit (and feel beautiful in their lingerie, too).
What are your favourite styles of bras? Let us know in the comments below.